Pages

Monday, December 23, 2013

Homemade Marshmallows and an Unsuccessful Attempt at Crocheting

So.. My sister tried to crochet a scarf for her boyfriend this year for Christmas. She procrastinated and put it off until about last week. (She had never crochet anything in her life lol). She had so much trouble, that I decided to step in and help her. I didn't want to finish it, but at least get her going.

We got halfway through the scarf and realized it was not going to be long enough. (He's over 6ft tall.) The scarf was long enough for my 4'10" sister haha! 

This was definitely a problem, being that Christmas was only 2 weeks ago. She was at a loss for what to give him. So we took to Pinterest to brainstorm. She decided to decorate and oven bake mugs with their names on them. I'll definitely have to give it a try sometime. :)

This story is going somewhere, I promise. ;)

With the mugs she decided to add hot cocoa, coffees, and teas. My husband thought it would be a nice touch to add marshmallows, however he forgets how crazy we get with a project. Right away we knew we would have to attempt our own. It was actually pretty easy and I don't ever think I will buy store bought ones again!

I won't bore you with all the steps, but I do promise it was easy. Here is the recipe.

 


 

 

 








No comments:

Post a Comment