Pages

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Funfetti Macarons & My 26th Birthday

So my birthday was a few days ago. I turned 26 this year. Usually I am really excited for my birthday and countdown since like October lol. This year was different though, I found myself bummed out and not really excited. You see, I know it sounds dumb, but I feel like I have not really done anything that makes me happy in life. Like I'm letting my life pass me by and just floating along. This year I plan on changing that! I want to do more things that make me happy. I am going to craft and bake more, and hopefully start a business! The dream is to one day own a bakery, but until then I want to try my luck in an Etsy store or selling my baked goods at the Farmers Market (Nevada FINALLY passed a Cottage Food Law!). This year will be all about focusing on me and my family!

Anyways enough boring, depressing talk for today! This year instead of a traditional birthday cake ( My favorite is still a box Funfetti cake) we decided to attempt "Funfetti" Macarons. We picked a vanilla shell and a raspberry curd filling. We used this recipe and just added the sprinkles to the macarons after we piped them onto the baking sheet (make sure to do this before the cookie forms a shell).

















   

My sister also took my husband and I to lunch at Pinches Tacos. It's located at the new Container Park (all the shops are inside of those cute shipping containers!) here in town. They have several locations in Los Angeles. I tried the Carne Asada and chicken tacos they were delicious. They even make their corn tortillas right in front of you. I ate my food so fast I forgot to get a picture...

I don't know why my hair looks so wind blown lol. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment