Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Almond Flour Waffles and PCOS

Last week I was officially diagnosed with PCOS (poly-cystic ovarian syndrome). I am also extremely high risk for developing Type 2 Diabetes (Which sucks for the baker in me). My doctor strongly recommended I get on a low-carb high-protein or strict "diabetic" diet. PCOS is a condition that causes infertility in women and is linked to an insulin resistance.  This is going to be a struggle for me, but I want kids in the near future so I am willing to do everything I need to do to make that happen.

My husband and I researched what foods I can and can not eat and went grocery shopping. As I learn more about PCOS I'll share tips and recipes I've found. But first here is a NEW favorite recipe if mine:

Almond Flour Waffles:
(Makes about 2 Belgium waffles)

1 cup almond flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
4 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tbsp. honey
1/4 tsp. cinnamon (optional)

I've made this recipe twice this week already! The first day I tried it with fresh whipped cream and strawberries on top, and the next time I added 1 tbsp. peanut butter and half a smushed banana to the batter, then topped it with half a banana and a drizzle of honey.



No comments:

Post a Comment