Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Homemade Peanut Butter

So I don't know about you, but I absolutely, positively LOVE Peanut Butter. I love it with apples. I love it with Bananas. I love PB&J. I love it with Chocolate. I even love it by the spoonful. 

I love it so much I decided to make my own and guess what! It was SUPER easy!. Although homemade peanut butter is not really too much healthier than the store bought kind, you can control whats going in it which is a plus for me and it just sounds impressive haha. :) 

I bought the whole peanuts since they were cheaper, but you can use any kind you'd like. After I got all the peanuts out of the shell I only landed up with about 2 cups which was only enough for a little less than an 8oz Mason Jar full of Peanut Butter so you many want to buy more. 








Homemade Peanut Butter:

-2 cups whole peanuts
-salt (to taste)
-sweetener of choice (I used honey)
-cooking oil of choice ( I read somewhere NOT to use Olive Oil because it affects the taste. I used canola oil since it was all I had other than olive oil.)

Add peanuts to food processor and blend until lump of peanut butter starts to form. Add a little salt and/or sweetener until you get peanut butter to a taste you like. Add about 1-2 teaspoons of oil and mix until combined. Transfer to jar. Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment