Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

Gluten Free baked Chicken Strips

I've been experimenting with healthy recipes. I figured I'd try to make some of my favorite foods, just a little healthier. I don't know about you, but chicken strips and french fries are one of my favorite things to eat. I decided to do try my luck at a gluten free version.



Gluten Free Baked Chicken Strips:
(Serves about 4; about 287 calories per serving)
1/2 cup gluten free all purpose flour
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 eggs
2 tbsp. milk ( I use Almond milk)
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. oregano or Italian seasoning
3 pieces of boneless skinless chicken cut into strips
2 tbsp. olive oil

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Mix dry ingredients together in large bowl. Beat eggs and milk together in mixing bowl. Use 1 tbsp. olive oil to grease baking sheet.

Dip chicken strips in egg mixture then in fllour mixture and place on baking sheet. Drizzle with remaining tbsp. of olive oil. Bake for 15 minutes then flip strips over to brown other side. Bake for additional 10 minutes. If you want the strips to brown a little more broil for a few minutes, keep an eye on them so they won't get too dark. 






No comments:

Post a Comment