Pages

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Healthy Homemade Fruit Rolls

I started writing this earlier today, but forgot to hit save. Don't you hate that? You have something really good written the first time around, and then when you go back to rewrite it you don't remember a word of it. (PS- this IS a true story....)

Well anyways I know I was writing about my love for Lucky Charms, Oreo Cookies, and I can't forget Fruit Roll Ups. I really love Fruit Roll Ups. Of course I would happen to love very gonna bad for me. :(

After searching Pinterest I decided to make my own Healthy Fruit Rolls. They were actually really easy to make. I picked raspberries and peaches for mine, but you can make these with almost any fruit. 


Homemade Healthy Fruit Rolls
(I used 2 cups of raspberries and 2 peaches, but you can use whatever you'd like)

1. Preheat oven to 170ยบ
2. Line a cookie sheet that has a lip with plastic wrap (be sure to overlap your sides).
3. Puree your fruit in food processor until smooth consistency.
4. Add sweetener of your choice (I used Truvia) and sweeten to taste.
5. Pour mixture on to prepared cookie sheet and spread with spatula.
6. Bake for about 3-5hours. (Times may vary, most recipes I found said they should take about 6-7 hours, but mine only took 3) Wait until your center is no longer tacky.
7. Lift plastic wrap out of cookie sheet and place on the countertop to cool.
8. Flip over onto parchment paper.
9. Remove plastic wrap.
10.Cut into strips and roll. (You may want to secure them with a tie or tape if they won't stay rolled)


See easy peasy and SO Delicous! Not to mention they are sugar free and good for you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment