Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Intense Brownie Cravings and a Yummy Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Swirl Brownie Recipe

I've been searching the internet high and low for a good gluten-free/low sugar brownie recipe. The last recipe I tried was a Paleo one that was way too chocolaty and not sweet at all. In other words it was YUCK! (At least to me... If anyone wants to give them a shot, let me know and I'd be more than happyto share the recipe.) Though they did look delicious.



Today my sister sent me over a link for some more Paleo brownies that seemed promising. I didn't have all the ingredients, plus I wanted to make them a little sweeter this time so I altered the recipe a bit and decided to add a peanut butter swirl to them since I've been dying for a Reese's cup!

Here is my version:















Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies

    • 5 ounces Bittersweet or Dark Chocolate Chips
    • 5 tbsp Coconut Oil
    • 1/4 cup honey
    • 3 eggs, beaten
    • 3/4 cup Truvia Baking Blend (add more if after tasing batter you want them sweeter)
    • 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp almond flour
    • 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa  powder
    • 1/4 tsp baking soda
    • 1/4 tsp sea salt
    • 1/2 cup peanut butter

    Preheat oven to 325°F and line an 8"x8" or 9x9" baking pan with parchment paper. 
    Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in the top part of a double boiler on stove top. Melt chocolate chips and oil and mix until smooth. Remove from heat and let cool down slightly. 


    Pour chocolate mixture in bowl of stand mixer and add honey, eggs, and Truvia. Mix on low until thoroughly mixed. Add in almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Mix on medium speed until well combined. You can taste a tiny bit of batter to see if it is sweet enough. You may add a little more Truvia if you want the brownies to be sweeter. 

    Pour brownie mixture into baking pan. Microwave peanut butter for about 30 seconds. Pour melted peanut butter on top of brownie mixture and swirl with a fork for a marbled effect. 

    Place pan of brownies in the oven for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 15-20 minutes before removing from pan. 




    No comments:

    Post a Comment