Pages

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Just a Little Update

Since I started my new doctor enforced diet/lifestyle change a few weeks ago I have lost close to 6lbs. already! :) And, while I am not following it as strict as I should be, I am working my way up to it. It has been a process cutting out as much bad stuff as I have, but it keeps getting easier. :) I have been having fun trying out new recipes and foods, not to mention sharing them with you!

Like I previously mentioned although I have to change my diet, I do not plan on cutting my favorite foods out, I plan on making them healthier and altering them to fit my diet.

My #1 FAVORITE food on the planet is Chicken Alfredo, which we all know has like a zillion calories. :(
So I played around and experimented a little and made mine a lot healthier and just as tasty!

 "Skinny" Chicken Alfredo 

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into small pieces
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 tbsp. coconut or olive oil
1 cup almond milk
1 cup chicken broth
3 tbsp. gluten-free all purpose flour
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper for seasoning
1 package whole wheat pasta (gluten-free pasta would be ideal, but I didn't have any on hand)
Chopped tomatoes for garnish (optional)

In a large pot cook pasta until al dente. Drain Water and place in large bowl. In large pan sautee garlic using 12 tbsp. oil for 1-2 minutes over medium high heat. Add in chicken and cook thoroughly. In medium pot with remaining 1/2 tbsp. oil brown flour. Add in chicken broth and mix out any lumps of flour. Slowly pour in almond milk and simmer for about 5 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Mix in grated parmesan. Pour sauce over pasta and toss in chicken. Serve and enjoy! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment